DF Base Media Server
The Base© Media Server lies at the heart of your digital home. Whether using external storage devices, or if storing your content on the internal 1TB HDD, the Base© simplifies and makes enjoyable the process of browsing your digital media (albums/movies/radio stations and more) and choosing what you want to do.
With the easiest user-interface available today, you will enjoy flicking through hundreds of movies at the touch of a button, reading reviews and editorials on each movie, and being able to rearrange your entire collection according to different criteria (Title / Director / Artist / Genre / Year of Release / and more)*.
When you’ve finally chosen the movie you want to watch, enjoy full HD-clarity (requires supported hardware and movie content). With Bluray movies, you get unrivalled clarity and sharpness at full 1080P resolution, unlocking the full potential of the latest TVs and projectors. Once you’ve finished watching a movie, just press stop, and you’ll immediately return to the main menu, where you can instantly select and play another movie if you so wish.
One of the Base© Media Server’s biggest features is it’s Multiple Audio Output capabilities. This means that the Base© is also a multiroom Audio Server. With up to 17 independent outputs available, you can feed audio to every room of your house, especially useful for rooms without a TV. In these rooms, you can then select and playback audio using the very latest remote control interfaces which offer 2-way content browsing, such as the iPhone, Philips TSU remotes, and 3rd party control systems including AMX, Crestron and others.
One of the biggest issues with digital content is storage. Where do I store my movies and CDs? Are they safe? How much will it cost? We address these questions with the best solution at all levels. We fully support and recommend the use of (at least) RAID 5-enabled NAS devices. Standing for Network Attached Storage, the Base fully supports all compatible NAS devices, enabling you to increase your storage requirements as you need to. As you add a NAS device, it’s a simple 1-step operation to configure your Base© to monitor this new repository, after which all content on this device will appear within all Base© and Link© interfaces no differently than if the content was stored on the Base© HDD. With no performance impact during playback, this solution is simple and cost-effective, so you can spend more on your movies than on the hardware required to play it back!
Your Base© does so much more besides being a movie and audio server. You can access Last.FM, check weather forecasts, browse Flickr slideshows, watch YouTube videos, access RSS feeds and read news-articles, all from a single interface. With more internet services coming on-line all the time, the Base© is a 1-stop portal to the internet!
* Applies to DVDs and movie clips. Bluray playback is from ‘Disc in Tray’ only, although the Base and Link can play back Hi-Def video clips from the HDD.
- Revolutionary, unique 3D-browsing and sorting of your entire media collection.
- Stunning quality and colour with Bluray playback at full HD (1080P).
- Completely independent audio control in each room of the house.
- Up to 17 independent audio outputs available (optional extra).
- On-the-fly playlist and audio queue manipulation.
- Artist Biographies and Album Reviews on-demand
- Movie Reviews
- Full parental-control: Restricted units will dynamically update and only show permitted movies (out-of-sight, out-of-mind).
- Support for movie series-linking, providing much needed support for box-set releases.
- Real-time weather forecasts
- Support for all major video formats, including HD Matroska, H.264, etc.
- Superior Last.fm capabilities: Supports AudioScrobbling, Recommended streaming, Similar Artist/Genre track streaming, Love/Ban, etc.
- YouTube + RSS feed browsing capabilities
- Picture browsing and slideshow playback
- Party-mode: Link multiple audio zones for synchronized music throughout the house
- User-friendly upgrade capabilities via the internet.
- Full integration capabilities with 3rd party audio software (such software must support network folder/file-sharing)
- External NAS support enables you to serve up thousands of albums and movies on-demand.
- Incredibly fast library browsing.
- Apple iPhone/iPod Touch support for truly convenient control.
- Integration with many 3rd-party remote-controls and 2-way control interfaces.